Bonacia is an award-winning dynamic company that is always looking to improve and grow, innovate and create. Made up of several divisions we are ultimately one big family, working to develop the best products we can whilst having fun along the way!
We are looking for a self-motivated individual who has a passion for literature and creative writing. You will join our Young Writers’ Editorial Team as a trainee, learning all aspects of the editorial process. You will need excellent attention to detail and strong spelling, and grammar skills. No experience is necessary, though any experience of proofreading or editing would be advantageous.
- Selecting poetry and prose for publication in anthologies.
- Editing and proofing poetry and prose whilst adhering to house rules.
- Understanding the editorial targets and schedules.
- Writing forewords, blurbs, blog posts and reviews when required.
- Contributing new ideas.
- General office duties including inputting, typing, filing, correspondence.
- An excellent level of spelling and grammar.
- Ability to work to weekly targets and deadlines.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Ability to work under own initiative and as part of a team.
- IT skills and proficient in Microsoft Office packages.
- Good communication skills, particularly written.
- Time management skills.
Why would you want to work with us?
A great company to work for ‐ we’re a fun and friendly bunch (2 great parties each year!)
Training on the job ‐ We love to invest in our staff and we’d be happy to look at putting you through additional qualifications if possible.
Starting Salary - £14,625.00 (£7.50 per hour)
Passing Probation (6 months) - £15,112.50 (£7.75 per hour)
1 Year's Service - £15,600.00 (£8.00 per hour)
How To Apply
If you would like to apply for the role, fill out our Application Form and email it to email@example.com, post it to us or even pop it in; our address is HR Department, Bonacia Ltd, Remus House, Coltsfoot Drive, Peterborough, PE2 9BF.